Sunday 17 March 2013

Spring is almost here

With spring just around the corner, I thought it was time to get ready to do some outdoor painting. I plan to get out a lot more this year, so it's a good time to shake off the cobwebs. I've recently completed one painting (in the studio), and am almost done a second one. For me, it's always been a battle to separate work from painting for pleasure. That the goal I've set for myself this year, no more thinking, just get out and do it. I'm now getting to the age that if I don't do it now, I'll never get around to it. Another thing that has come into the picture is my wife has been bitten by the gold bug. My gift to her this Christmas was to outfit her with what all she needs to pan for gold. The wonderful thing about this arrangement is that we can enjoy weekend outings together, her panning, me painting. Here a few pictures of the finished painting, and the one I'm working on. Feel free to leave a comment. Thanks

11"x14" Acrylic on hardboard

Acrylic on hardboard

No comments: