Saturday 25 February 2012

Starting a new painting today

I was hoping to get out today and do some Plein Air painting, but the weather wasn't co-operating ( cold and windy)  So I thought I would start a small painting in the studio instead. It's from a photograph I took on one of my bike adventures through the back roads around Alberta. I was going through a small town when I came across this old truck sitting next to an abandoned building. I've always been a sucker for the look of old vehicles and abandoned buildings. I'm using acrylics on canvas board for this project, and have a couple of hours into it so far. I'll keep you posted on the progress. The one photo shows another painting I'm working. It's of an old man asking for change that I came across while in Mexico. You can never have enough projects on the go.






No comments: